Ashmans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playstation 3 will it be successful?

5 posters

Go down

Playstation 3 will it be successful? Empty Playstation 3 will it be successful?

Post  Ashman Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:16 am

The Playstation 3 has been out for a few months now but popularity for hasnt been what Sony were hoping for. Do you think that the Playstation 3 will bounce back evenually with time and more better games to allow sony the title of worlds best console manufacturer again? Are there any games planned for release that will make the Playstation 3 more desirable than the Wii and Xbox360? Have Sony put the final nail in the coffin for themselves after the Betamax video tape/minidisk/UMD disk failures in the past? What is going on in the Sony camp? Is there a hidden strategy that they have for the long term because just now Nintendo and Microsoft are looking pretty smug just now and hoa can you blame them when the Playstation 3 has sold fewer consoles than expected. Also there is the issue of Blueray vs HDDVD. The adoption of one of these formats will make or break the Playstation 3. What are your thoughts on the matter?
Ashman
Ashman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-05-26

https://ashman.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Playstation 3 will it be successful? Empty Re: Playstation 3 will it be successful?

Post  Xel'lotath Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:59 am

From what I have seen thus far, although the PS3 hasn't done exceptionally well, the blu-ray format seems to be more popular than HD-DVD for movies.
I don't know how that will affect Sony's gaming success, or if it will at all, but I can say that they've finally invented a popular format Cool

Yes, there are some releases that keep the PS3 desirable in some minds (DAMN YOU MGS4, KH3, FFXIII! Evil or Very Mad )
I know those particular titles have been going down the toilet lately, but I find myself illogically attracted to them Shocked
Even the knowledge that, what I call the FF "dream team", is working under Microsoft on Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey doesn't stop me wanting FFXIII...
Xel'lotath
Xel'lotath

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Playstation 3 will it be successful? Empty Re: Playstation 3 will it be successful?

Post  Ashman Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:07 am

FFXIII is one of the main reasons I decided to get the PS3 but I find myself sitting and waiting for a half decent game to come out. Sure oblivion is really good but its just not my type of game. The most anticipated games on the PS3 are the sequels as you mentioned before , FFXIII, KH 3, MGS 4. Just thinking of these games in HD glory leaves a smile on my face and I just cant wait till they come out! Ive also heard that the blueray format is doing slightly better than the HDDVD format. Sony have tried to market the PS3 as a media system and not just a games console which I personally think was not a good idea but because of this they reason that if Blueray becomes the next generally used format after the DVD then the PS3 will somehow become a success story for Sony. Im a little scepticle about this but only time will tell...
Ashman
Ashman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 57

https://ashman.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Fat Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:38 pm

Is the ps3 going to be succesful? Well, I just got mine and oh my oh my it makes me oh so happy inside. I got two games with it, Resistance Fall of Man and Genji: Days of the blade. Resistance I quite like, Genji is ok. But the thing is, they dont seem like "ps3" games. They're like ps2 games but with really good graphics. Ok, gameplay is slightly better, but its nothing special. You'd have thought something really good would have come out with the release. Is this some kind of weird business strategy making us wait for MGS4 etc?

The console however rocks. I can play all my music and look at all my pics and stuff, and I think thats awesome. Even put Yellow Dog Linux on today, which was very difficult and it still makes me want to cry but I think once the bugs have been gotten rid of it'll be awesome. I mean, it has gimp 2.2!!! And word (sort of) and all sorts of things. It's turned my ps3 into a pc! Yes, finally, all those years of waiting, all that money spent, and now, I can finally play minesweeper on my TV.
Dr Fat
Dr Fat
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel'lotath Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:11 am

Is the ps3 going to be successful?
It's way too early to answer that question. Personally, I've had enough crap from Sony and have no intention of buying one, unless they drop the price considerably and release over a dozen games that interest me and have no chance of being ported over to the 360.
I might as well add that Square Enix have stated that they will not make any additional ps3 games unless it sells enough to be profitable in their opinion.
Since the Final Fantasy franchise is a must have, if Sony don't do something, one of their big guns will be lost.
Xel'lotath
Xel'lotath

Back to top Go down

Post  X Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:45 am

Maybe this year Sony will fire all their directors and hire better ones...me? lol! Then we will get better games that are PS3 exclusive and the price of the PS3 will be halved because it will boost Sony's appeal in the gaming market making them more popular eventually making them more money if more people buy the PS3! Offcourse this all makes busniness sense and also shows Sony's dedication to their fans so you know its never going to happen.

VOTE X FOR DIRECTOR!
X
X
Da Man
Da Man

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel'lotath Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:19 am

Right, new directors at Sony = better games?
Yeah, so a bunch of external companies (game developers) will start producing better, exclusive titles for the ps3 if Sony mixes up their staff?
You obviously haven't thought this through - the games will not come unless some developer decides "Oh, I know! I'll make a game that noone's ever done before, that everyone will love and to reap maximum profits - it'll be ps3 only!".
Rolling Eyes
Like you said before, this is business. Try to think realistically.
I may as well say this now, and I haven't said it yet because the majority of you here are Sony fanboys and this will be painful news.
Nintendo's market value has risen above Sony's.
Now think - Nintendo produce nothing more than the Wii, DS and the games for it. Sony produce, along with the PS3, TV's, VCRs, DVD players etc.
That is very grim news for Sony.

So, will they be successful? If they manage to pull a rabbit out of a hat, yes.
Xel'lotath
Xel'lotath

Back to top Go down

Post  X Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:44 pm

Are you saying that Nintendo has more market share than Sony including all of the types of products sony makes (Tvs etc) or do they just have more market share than Sony in the games market?
X
X
Da Man
Da Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Fat Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:51 pm

Rabbit = Solid Snake
Hat = Kojimas head
Dr Fat
Dr Fat
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  X Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:54 pm

Around October time we will have some half decent games for the PS3. The sales of these games will give me an estimate on how the PS3 will fair in the next couple of years since GTA 4 and MGS 4 are anticipated games and are supposed to actually test out the PS3's hardware. If these games run well and look the business AND play well as games then Ill be content with my PS3 otherwise Im just going to use it as an UBERLY expensive DVD/Blueray player
X
X
Da Man
Da Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel'lotath Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:20 am

Dr Fat wrote:Rabbit = Solid Snake
Hat = Kojimas head

Witty, very witty.

To answer your question X, Nintendos share prices are worth more than Sonys. That includes the entirety of Sony.
And Dr. Fat, about MGS4, do you truly believe that's worth the entire console?
While I'm not the biggest MGS fan I know that MGS4 is the game worth waiting for, but an entire system for just one game? And Konami haven't confirmed if they'll port it to the 360 - they haven't denied it either. All Hideo Kojima said is that he thought it was "interesting".
Xel'lotath
Xel'lotath

Back to top Go down

Post  X Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:03 am

Xel'lotath wrote: All Hideo Kojima said is that he thought it was "interesting".

I love Hideo Kojima geek
X
X
Da Man
Da Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Fat Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:40 pm

Well, seeing as I dont have an Xbox 360, and you keep saying ps3 and xbox360 are practically the same, why not get a ps3 when you're going to get 1 whole extra game on it. Oh, and whats this bout all the Xbox360's failing? The guy on the radio, Chris Moyles, his died on the first day. And my friend is on his 3rd one, he said something bout random lights coming on and having to send it back. His quote "You just look at the ghastly thing and it breaks down." I havent really checked, but I havent heard of any ps3's randomly dying.
Dr Fat
Dr Fat
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel'lotath Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:47 pm

Oh dear - hostility

Yes, I know the 360 has a problem - the red lights of death (or something to that effect), but quite frankly, it doesn't matter too much since you can just send it to MS and get it repaired under warranty (which they just extended today to 3 years after purchase).
And you say you haven't heard about PS3 dying? Try finding out about the disk read error the first batch got. Also, I wonder if you would support Sony so much if you realised that you're paying more than the Americans for it, and getting less out of it since they've removed the emotion engine chipset.
Also, where'd you get me saying the PS3 and 360 are the same? If they were, I'd hate both of them Twisted Evil
Mind you, I hate this generation of games - so disappointing Mad
Xel'lotath
Xel'lotath

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Fat Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:17 pm

Long live Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Banjo Kazooie and all the other great legends of my childhood.

[If we're going to talk about Crash Bandicoot and the others, shouldn't we move this discussion to the Older Consoles Board? - Xel]
Dr Fat
Dr Fat
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  X Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:06 pm

The original Super Mario brothers game, Pac Man and my favuorite Pong! These games were so addictive and still are. True games!
X
X
Da Man
Da Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Huh Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:53 am

i will tell why poeple still there ps2 instead of the ps3 cuz ps3 the ps3 cost too much and there still makin games for the ps2.and the ps3 will becomes fameous in a couple of mouths
Huh
Huh
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel'lotath Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:22 am

A couple of months? The price tag isn't the only problem with the PS3.
It's lack of brilliant exclusive games is also bothersome, with many games being ported to the 360 (GTA4, DMC4 among others).
Also, Universal just entered into a deal with HD-DVD, to release their movies on HD-DVD only. This means that blockbusters such as Transformers and Die Hard 4.0 will not be released on Blu-ray.
Xel'lotath
Xel'lotath

Back to top Go down

Post  Huh Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:43 pm

hi im back anyway nice new pic xel
Huh
Huh
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down