Paper thin displays!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paper thin displays!

Post  Ashman on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:57 am

I thought it was amazing when they brought out plasma displays that were like tablets compared to the normal televisions you got at the time. Then they started to bring out LCD display after but now Ive heard that companies are in a race to produce paper thin displays! Sony have apparantly came up with the best solution so far with their 'groundbreaking' paper thin displays. An article on it can be seen at http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/sonys-groundbreaking-paperthin-display/2007/05/26/1179601745292.html. Soon we will be able to have displays on our clothing or even on our cereal boxes!? What do you guys think about this?
Ashman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-05-26

View user profile http://ashman.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Paper thin displays!

Post  Xel'lotath on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:02 am

HAHAHA!!! OH WOW!
That was a good laugh Laughing
Seriously, although I like the idea of a thin TV, a paper thin TV is kinda... stupid in my opinion.
It could be useful, and I would like it as a wallpaper for my bedroom geek but wouldn't something that thin be very prone to tearing?
Xel'lotath

Number of posts : 120

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashman on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:01 am

I dont think there will be much issue with tearing as it will most probably be like tough plastic also the displays are supposedly being designed for everyday use so Im assuming that they will be designed to be robust.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 57

View user profile http://ashman.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Waleed owned Xel'lotath on Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:29 am

it looks cool
Waleed owned Xel'lotath
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  heavensangel on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:02 am

i was watching the gadget show a few weeks ago and they were demonstrating a huge screen tv, about 4 metres by 3 metres, and its visual effects were excellent quality-it looked abit like a projector screen but gave cinema quality results and can be set up in the garden as well!!!It was definately paper thin but i prefer the plasma flat screens which look alot more sophisticated! Smile

heavensangel

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  X on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:58 am

That was a projection style television hence why the screen was paper thin (it was paper). I watched that episode of the gadget show too.
X
Da Man
Da Man

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top